Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Sojourn - Ruth Andre


"Sojourn I"
12"x12" Oil-Wax on Paper
by Ruth Andre

This painting caught me off guard and maybe the same thing has happened to you. I went to the studio with a definite plan for a painting. As the paints were added the painting took on a life of its own. I kept hearing a voice saying, the painting is done. I was so caught up with my plan that I kept saying, NO it needs more. Finally all motion was stopped and I took a long look and decided to wait until tomorrow before continuing with the painting. Now that I have had a moment to walk away, my quiet sojourn, and view it once again, I am thinking the painting is finished. It was not only 
"A Painting Day" it was "A Wild Day" in the studio.







2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Your painting was speaking to you...
It looks finished to me, too, because it is GORGEOUS!!

Ruth Andre said...

Chris, You have made my day. Thank-you, Ruth