Sunday, October 1, 2017

Passing Storm - Ruth Andre


"Passing Storm"
7.5"x9" Acrylic on Paper
by Ruth Andre

I have been away from the studio for a few days. A group of artist friends rented a house in Fort Bragg, California and spent four days on the coast. Need I say it was a fabulous time away and a much enjoyed gathering of friends. I will post a few of my plein air works here in a day or two. 

Today I got back to the studio to work on a new project. I decided to work in acrylics to test for color and painting technique. Acrylic paints are challenging at best. The colors are so different than oil paints. They dry a different color and the dry time and workability is quite different than oils. I guess what I am saying is I love oil paint and I really love working with Oil and Wax medium.  The nice thing about my acrylic painting is my painting will be dry in a few hours. It was a learning day and, 
"A Painting Day".






2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I really like this painting! Glad you are having fun with acrylics!

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, LOL, Theresa, You are the one that works so well with acrylics. I love your paintings. Thanks for the good cheer. Ruth